Everyday Driving Tips
When you drive with care every day, your car will reward you with longer intervals with less car problems or need of repair.
To follow are some good tips that will help you save time, money wear and tear on your car:
- Do not pump your accelerator during start up. This is a quick way to add years of wear to your engine, especially if it’s cold outside.
- Accelerate slowly when you begin your drive. The most wear to the engine and drive train occurs in the first ten to twenty minutes of operation.
- Warming the engine by letting it idle in the driveway is not a productive. The engine doesn’t operate at its peak temperature, resulting in incomplete fuel combustion, soot deposits on cylinder walls, oil contamination, and ultimately damaged components.
- Decrease the strain on your engine and automatic transmission by shifting to neutral at red lights. Otherwise, the engine is still working to push the car even while it’s stopped.
- Avoid accelerating quickly and online driving lessons at excessively high speeds, especially when it’s very hot or very cold outside. Driving in such a manner will result in more frequent repairs.
- To extend the life of your tyres, drive with care. Avoid fast starts, stops, and turns, potholes and objects on the road. Don’t run over curbs or hit the tyre against the curb when parking. Observe posted speed limits.
- When turning your steering wheel, don’t hold it in an extreme right or left position (such as full lock) for more than a few seconds. Damage the power-steering pump can result from such use.
- Consolidate your short online driving lessons trips. Most of the wear and tear, as well as the pollution your car generates, takes place in the first few minutes of driving. Doing several errands at once, during low traffic hours if possible, will keep your engine happier longer.
- By following these tips you should find that when you take your vehicle for it’s car service that you will have less wear and tear.